View Single Post
Old Tue May 28, 2019, 11:13am
Esteemed Forum Member

Nuts And Bolts ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
But is that helping you with the normal stuff we do?
I agree with you 100% that all of us should be working on doing a better job on things that we see 99% of the time, and not go off willy nilly getting into the weeds with fanciful situations that we would never see if we officiated for one hundred years (like Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.).

And I agree with you 100% that all of us could do the "mental gymnastics" of counting to five in this odd situation. We're all basketball officials, we're all trained to make quick decisions under stressful conditions, even when some situations may seem somewhat out of the ordinary.

That being said, there is some value in digging into the rulebook and casebook in a detailed manner regarding really "odd" situations, more so in the "quiet" off season. Regarding this thread, I posted bullet points for throwin situations and have reviewed them over and over as I read posts and replies from different members. While nothing jumped out at me, it was still a valuable review.

https://forum.officiating.com/basket...ml#post1032962
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue May 28, 2019 at 11:21am.