View Single Post
Old Sun May 12, 2019, 12:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
This will be a DISASTER with JuCo/small college tables.

Are all shot clocks even capable of having two different live-ball reset options?

Also I find it funny what you said about blarges. They literally had one in the first round of the tournament this year.
Daktronics shot clocks do have 2 reset options. Newer Nevco models also have 2 options, as do Fair-Play models. Daktronics shot clock controllers have Reset 1 and Reset 2 buttons, Fair-Play shot clock controllers have 2 buttons as well, and the newer Nevco shot clock controllers that look like a small walkie-talkie also have separate buttons for each shot clock reset value (a controller can have up to 3 values saved). This means that reseting to 30 or 20, and keeping the shot clock running, should not be an issue, as long as the operator does not press the start-stop button to stop the shot clock while it is being reset.

Note: I have been an ECO, mostly with Daktronics scoreboards with shot clock capabilities. I know how Daktronics scoreboards work, less so about Fair-Play and Nevco (reading through the scoreboard operation manuals).