View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 20, 2019, 10:11am
Esteemed Forum Member

Points of Emphasis ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB View Post
The fact that these POE don't remain as part of the rule book is exactly why the elbow above the shoulders contact POE is one of the worst POE's in my opinion.
This is a problem with any Point of Emphasis that doesn't make it's way into the rulebook.

How is a new official supposed to know about such when there is no mention of such in the current rulebook?

By an oral tradition of old, grizzled, veteran officials sitting around a campfire telling scary stories about old Points of Emphasis to young'uns?

This NFHS issue has always perplexed me.

Same issues with annual interpretations that don't make their way into the current casebook, or with casebook plays that drop out of the current casebook for no apparent rational, or publicized reason.

Why hasn't the NFHS realized that the Mesopotamians invented written language over 5000 years ago and that Gutenberg invented the movable type printing press in fifteenth century?

These were good inventions, the NFHS should use them.

Stupid NFHS.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Apr 20, 2019 at 11:27am.