View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 18, 2019, 02:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
Then why did Minnesota and North Dakota choose to implement this rule on their own? Did they consciously seek to copy college basketball, or did they have their own reasons for doing so? Maybe they thought that having people standing in close proximity to the basket and choosing to get themselves run over was such a safety problem that they needed to address it with a rules change, or they might have enough competent officials in those parts to not make a mess out of the restricted area.
Neither of those states is hotbeds for basketball. Honestly, do not care what those states do any more than I would care what other states do about some rule they want to try. But the NF makes rules that everyone is supposed to agree upon to some extent. And I work college basketball and I really do not care what college basketball does as it relates to high school basketball. I have worked multiple sports over the years and all those sports had different rules from the college ranks. Somehow we function.

The State of Illinois has had again this year another player that was in the Final Four that had played high school ball from here. That was the case the last two years that the title game had a team with a player from the IHSA. If my state is not clamoring for all these college rules and the players are functioning at a higher level, I am not convinced we need to change rules just to prepare someone for college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
I haven't seen many people post about changing the bonus rules. This is surprising, because it is at least the 2nd straight year that changes to the bonus rules appear in the questionnaire.
If they change it great, if they don't great. Not something that really is going to change the game that much IMO. Oh, college is reluctant to change this rule as well. So should we follow their lead?

Peace