View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 18, 2019, 01:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
Then why did Minnesota and North Dakota choose to implement this rule on their own? Did they consciously seek to copy college basketball, or did they have their own reasons for doing so? Maybe they thought that having people standing in close proximity to the basket and choosing to get themselves run over was such a safety problem that they needed to address it with a rules change, or they might have enough competent officials in those parts to not make a mess out of the restricted area.

I haven't seen many people post about changing the bonus rules. This is surprising, because it is at least the 2nd straight year that changes to the bonus rules appear in the questionnaire.
Why don't you go ask people that are involved with those two states? I have no idea why those states made that decision, nor do I care.

Conveniently, you don't mention the fact that 48 other states have not found it necessary to go against the NFHS on this (and 42 states on the shot clock matter). Why do those 2 (8 for shot clock) states have it right?

I don't really care about resetting fouls each quarter and getting rid of 1-and-1. However, everyone I know in NCAA-W loves it.