View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 15, 2019, 08:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Minnestoa Re View Post
I'd freeze to death before a game if I didn't have my jacket. Gyms aren't that warm in Minnesota and Wisconsin
I truly think that I am #1 when it comes to complaining about being cold. I feel freezing in the summer, let alone the winter so I understand however....

So does that mean you die at every half-time? Because jackets are not worn when coming to the court before the second half starts. And I hope that you do not say that you got warm by officiating the first half, when doing warm-ups before a game starts is prescribed by everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
I like the jackets. Keeps me warm in some gyms. I don't like standing out too much before games and I think it looks sharp. The cost isn't really all that much.
So you care about not standing out for a bit before the game even though you will stand out for the rest of the game, including half-time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
The NFHS doesn't say anything about jackets in the Rules. I don't think the Manual mentions them either. So that's your state's problem.
It does not say anything about officiating shirts (vertical black/white stripes, grey w/ pin stripes, etc.) either in the Rules but I bet you wear one. Maybe re-read the manual. You might find jackets mentioned there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
It is called that because it is one of three ways to actually stop the clock.
Listed that way in the signal section of the rulebook.
Peace
Yes, I am aware. It is just a certain level of redundancy that discourages me. I do like your point about it giving officials a millisecond to reflect before they act.

Last edited by bucky; Mon Apr 15, 2019 at 11:28pm.