View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 15, 2019, 04:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Just because officials at the NBA/NCAA-M/NCAA-W/FIBA level sometimes get goaltending calls wrong doesn't mean we should keep the HS rule as-is. This would create much greater continuity between rule sets on a play that happens more and more often.
But the rules we have in place at the HS level is because of the level of the officials we are working with as well. So you can change the rule, but that does not mean it is going to make the game better or different or like those other levels. To me, this is not a rule that would be making right a vast injustice in the game. It would just be a rules change that no one would understand the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Again, just because NCAA-M officials are hesitant to give DoG warnings doesn't mean it would be a bad change at the HS level. HS officials put the ball down regularly, which pisses everyone off. Change it to a warning put in the book and HS officials would give that warning and everyone would be less upset overall.
I am lucky to see even this done in the first place like 2 or 3 times the entire year. My point is that it is not pissing many people off if it is not being used in the first place. Heck, it is often not encouraged to be used where I am mostly. So again the rule can change, but it will not change what is happening in the game, which is kind of my point.

Peace