View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 15, 2019, 12:22pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
I forgot that this was a mechanics change year, as well.

Yeah, walk-and-talk would be great, but here a lot of people do it anyway. It’s not something the powers-that-be really care about. But a change would silence the few that do get upset.
This is something that often upsets those locally that have not much else to worry about. I still think we should eventually stop, but I also do not see the big deal if someone is slightly moving. It is kind of like how you signal a directional point and someone cares that you did not give the signal with 4 fingers and a tucked thumb. I had someone at my State Finals games make a comment to me about my "one finger point." No one over us that weekend said a word about it, but I did get an official that knows me (and I respect BTW) send me a text about my signal.

I’m ambivalent on opposite vs. tableside. I don’t imagine that one even being considered.[/QUOTE]

It won't be. I just wish we would stop trying to placate coaches after calls. We are not going to change their minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
I’d also like to see stopping the clock on OOB go away. Too many people like to have the notion that the timer is actually watching for our hand.
It is done at the Men's college level because many people do not do it properly. I get it and used to think the same way, but that split second I think gets most officials to slow down a bit. And because it is a requirement, you see fewer mistakes IMO at the college level. Of course, not everyone has this problem, but I would not want to see that go away.

Peace