View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 10, 2019, 09:05am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
As Raymond said, you're conflating two different things.
He did not address me, he addressed someone else in this conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Determining the facts of what occurred (ball touched, player location, etc.) can certainly require judgement, but once you have determined what happened, the call is generally a natural result of the facts. There is no judgement to the call itself. The actions dictate the call for everyone. You don't judge that someone was OOB but not far enough to matter.

However, given the same set of facts, there are some calls that then require judgment to handle....RSBQ, Displacement, Verticality, block/charge, etc. The call it self is where the judgement occurs....a judgment call. Given the same set of facts, officials can come to different conclusions about what should be called, if any call should be made and they can all be correct.
We will simply not agree on this. You can keep trying to say this all kinds of ways to try to tell me what is or is not a judgment. The reality of my position did not form on the basis of this conversation. I will still call these judgments regardless of you or others feel and the Wofford-Kentucky play that many people were convinced was a violation (but was clearly not when you slowed it down and blew up the image) was also not called. People all over the internet felt that was a missed call, but wasn't. So their judgment felt it should have been called, we just did not have the ability in that game or the producers did not have the focus to show that play blown up themselves. Or if Kentucky would have lost the game, then maybe that would have been a bigger grip about the nature of that call. Either way, those are judgment calls to me. Part of judgment is what you actually see or what you guess about. I do not know if in the Wofford-Kentucky game the used a hypothesis just like maybe they did in the Virginia-Auburn game and one was clearly wrong and the other was wrong in the eyes of those that were not on the court. Either way, these are judgments and will always be judgments even if the facts are assumed.

Peace