View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 31, 2019, 02:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
That's what I thought. Strange that even with an alternate watching the tape they got it wrong. In my mind this is a bigger miss than the foot on the line.

In case anyone is curious it was a 3 point game at the time of the F1 foul and here's difference in FT shooter:

Supposed to shoot: Matt Mooney, 76.5% on 2.3 attempts/game this season

Actually shot: Davide Moretti, 92.1% on 2.9 attempts/game this season

Yes, this miss will probably cost all of them an advancement.

First, it should have been an F1, not a T, with the thrower shooting. But even if you go with the T, thinking the ball was hit instead of the arm, it was administered incorrectly.

And I would not put this on the player. This is probably the first time in their playing careers that this has happened. They shouldn't be expected to know who is supposed to shoot on this. It is entirely possible that they thought it was a T and sent their best player to shoot what they thought was a T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Fun but irrelevant fact: Davide Moretti was #2 in all of college basketball this season in FT%.
While acknowledging your point, that is not entirely accurate. I do see the same NCAA stats that you're probably looking at showing that, but it is incorrect. The #1 player on the list is listed at 92.4% on 73 of 79. Tyler Herro of Kentucky is at 93.5% on 87 for 93 and isn't even on the list. (Tyler Herro Stats, News, Bio | ESPN)

The NCAA list is missing some data.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Sun Mar 31, 2019 at 03:27am.