Thread: chest protector
View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 28, 2019, 03:36pm
Official Forum Member

Ive been hit enough times below where that honigs elite covers that I wouldn't even think about wearing one. Ill take the little additional bulk to have some extra padding down around my mid section.

Had a partner in a high school game that wore that honigs elite. I was familiar with the ones teams pitcher and catcher. Pitcher threw mid 60's, not very accurate and the catcher was a lefty that was marginal. My partner was putting on his chest protect and I asked him if he was familiar with this team. He said no. I told him he might want to bulk up a little and he was welcome to borrow my chest protector if he wanted. Nope, said he would be fine. First pitch of the game, lefty slapper. Ball is high and inside, catcher never puts a glove on it and catches him just below the pad on the chest protector on the right side of his chest. He stumbled back against the backstop and stood there gasping for air for a good 5 minutes. Asked him again if he wanted me to go get him my chest protector. Nope, and spent the rest of the game hiding behind the catcher.