View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 19, 2019, 07:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I will just say from my experience working my own tournament, I discussed in every game that if we had a last second shot and it was close, get together to make the call. We do not need to be in a hurry. If you have a call as the C or T, just make the call if it is obvious. If there is any doubt, we should get together before a decision is made. No double signals are wanted or needed. Make one ruling.

That is what I discussed with my crew when we worked the last 5 games of the tournament. There was hardly a game where we could hear the horn anyway, so this is what I suggested. The big guys get video replay in their games, we don't. So we might as well take our time if every other level can review the video.

Peace
I had a wreck league game this season with an interesting end of quarter situation.

The gym we are in only has a scoreboard on one end, so even though I was the lead (2 man system), I am (per league directors mandate), supposed to also have the clock. This is a gym with about three feet of end line space, so not much room to move back.

The situation was as follows: Ball inbounded from near the corner with 1 second left to the corner. Player catches the pass attempts a shot prior to the buzzer with his foot just behind the 3 point line. I am trying to watch the foot, for contact of a defender stepping out on the shooter, and watch for the ball off the shooters hands before the horn.

I, after trying to watch all parts of this play, try going to my partner to make sure we agree on how everything played out. His response " That's your call, I have no idea."

Sometimes its hard to go to your partner when he isn't going to be helpful. You just have to pray you have partner(s) that are more helpful than he was.

After I ruled it a good basket, the defense then wanted to argue the 2 or 3. I was 100% sure this was a three. I couldn't be 100% it was out of his hand on time.

Oh, and being Rec League the idea of a pre-game is "your going to toss this game." My partner that night didn't show up until the 2nd quarter.