View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 19, 2019, 12:50pm
Esteemed Forum Member

For The Good Of The Cause ...

2.13 SITUATION: The signal to end the fourth quarter cannot be heard by the officials. The table officials disagree as to whether the ball was in flight during a try for field goal when time expired or if a foul occurred before the ball became dead. RULING: The final decision shall be made by the referee, and unless he/she has knowledge to alter the ruling, the goal shall count if it was successful and the foul shall be charged and penalized. (2-5-5)

5.6.2 SITUATION I: During the pregame warm-up, the officials observe that the facility has functioning LED lights on each backboard. A1 begins the act of shooting just prior to
the expiration of time in the first quarter. The covering official observes the attempt in A1’s hands when the LED light is activated, but the ball appears to be out of the hands when the horn is sounded. The ball goes in the basket. RULING: No goal; the quarter expired prior to the release of the try. COMMENT: Red/LED lights provide a visual reference for officials to determine when a period has ended. The red/LED lights and the horn are expected to be synchronized, but since light travels faster than sound, it may appear that one follows the other. The red/LED lights give a more precise indication that a period has expired. (1-14; 6-7-6)

2-13-3: If table officials disagree, the goal shall count and/or the foul
shall be penalized, unless the referee has knowledge which alters such
ruling.

1-14 A red light behind each backboard or an LED light on each backboard is
permitted to signal that time has expired for a quarter or extra period. In
facilities without a red light behind or an LED light on each backboard, the
audible timer’s signal shall indicate that time has expired.

2-12-7: Indicate by signal the expiration of playing time in each quarter
or extra period. If a red/LED light is used, the light is the official
expiration of playing time.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)