View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 08, 2019, 04:54pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Gender Wars ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Referee View Post
I 100% agree with NOT letting officials do both a boys and a girls state tourney.
We have six local boards (all IAABO) in Connecticut and we were the last local board to restrict tournament officials to only one gender, so now we're on par with the rest of the state.

At the end of last season a few guys won election to our local executive board on a "both genders" platform. Same thing again this year (election's in a few weeks). Depending on the results of the election we may go back to "both genders" for the state tournament next year.

I've been out observing our guys and gals in state tournament games almost every night over the past three weeks. All the officials are excellent, but I must say that the officials who were elected and chose to work the boys tournament are a half a tier better than the officials who were selected and chose to work the girls tournament. Not a big difference, hardly noticeable, but there is a slight difference.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)