View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 06, 2019, 01:40pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Context ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
You call 5th foul. Players swears at you. You call a T. Player swears at you again as they walk away from you. You call a T. Player swears at you again from a greater distance. You call a T. As player nears door to exit gym with trainer (player was injured during play), they swear at you again. You call a T. See where this is going?
First period. A1 taunts B1. First technical foul. Second period. A1 swears at official. Second technical foul and disqualified to the bench. Third period. A1, on bench, stands and loudly complains about a call. Third technical foul, coach sits, and a discussion ensues with the head coach about a possible "ejection" of A1 to the locker room with adult supervision in lieu of a possible forfeit.

The NFHS doesn't say that I can't charge a third technical foul to A1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
... adult rec league, player gets his nose completely shattered/broken on a play. The player drops 4 consecutive F bombs.
If he's not swearing at me, and not swearing at an opponent, and is just in a lot of pain, the f-bomb can be ignored. In this case, all four f-bombs can be ignored.

If he is swearing at me, or is swearing at an opponent, four rapid fire f-bombs in a row will get him only one (not four) technical foul (probably flagrant). After I report the technical foul to the table, and after the player with the broken nose has a few seconds to compose himself (having time to process that he just got penalized for the first tirade), if he swears at me (or an opponent) again, I will charge him a second technical foul (even if the first one was flagrant).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Mar 06, 2019 at 04:33pm.