Thread: 2019-2020 POE's
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 07, 2019, 05:34pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I've worked for supervisors who say never to call them unless it's an emergency situation. I've worked for supervisors who say never to text them, only email them. I've worked for supervisors who have said never to ask them about your schedule or why you are or aren't getting games. I've worked for supervisors who contact you before putting you into a last minute assignment and others who expect you take an assignment the morning of if you are not blocked out.

It's all part of the business to navigate the nuances, quirks, and personalities of those who assign us games.
I am not a phone person. I am an email person. I have in my email signature "Phone for emergencies only. Email will typically get a quicker response."

And yet people call. During my current ice storm, the only emergencies I have are filling games on Saturday and Monday (which are very popular right now) -- and yet I had someone call about a track officiating date in 2020. I work a day job, too. I have other things to take care of. People just don't get it. Or think that anything involving them is an emergency.

Unless I recognize the number, it rolls to voice mail these days. I answer, usually by email, when I can.