View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 06, 2019, 09:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePaul View Post
The captain can request a defensive matchup if there are 3 or more substitutes. Never seen this used until this year when we had the HC coach tell us before the game that his captains would be requesting a matchup (the team he was playing was known to roll 5 subs every few minutes). In addition to the speaking captain, we allowed the other 2 players who joined the pregame conference to request a matchup when the speaking captain was on the bench.
Let's say that Team A has 2 players designated "captains." If they happen to both be on the bench, does that team forfeit its right to request a defensive matchup? I think if placed in this situation (and I think I've only had a defensive matchup request once or twice ever), I would honor a request from anyone.

3-1-1: Each team consists of five players, one of whom is the captain.

That leads me to believe that regardless of a captains meeting, and who attends/doesn't attend, or is designated/not designated, one player on the floor must be considered the captain. (If there are multiple, then the speaking captain serves as captain during that time).