View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 03, 2019, 12:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpferee View Post
I would venture to say he IS serious. Especially based on the video.

I would like to think we know a violation when we see one. I didn't see one in the video

I would also add, there is usually some verbalization going on which helps us determine when it is "@ the disposal". "I got it". "Jimmy take it out" etc...
Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
I did not have a violation in the video. There is no doubt that the kid that initially had the ball was in the wrong place and the correct player was coming to administer the throw in. Both these kids look confused and it's way too obvious. If I had any inkling that it was a "trick" or a deceitful action I would have a traveling violation. This isn't what the intent or spirit of the rule is/was for.
Are we talking about the same video? The one Freddy posted? The kid who "wanted" to take the ball out of bounds clearly wanted to be the in-bounder, but I think the one who actually did thought that his throw was the actual throw in. Not to mention, you have defenders right there who are confused by the move. The first defender in the key is going to guard the 2nd kid, if he thought that it wasn't a throw in, then he's probably chasing the other one up the court after he threw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
If I had any inkling that it was a "trick" or a deceitful action I would have a traveling violation. This isn't what the intent or spirit of the rule is/was for.
Deecee, you bring up a great point though, the spirit and intent of the rule. If there is no question from EITHER team that it's not an in-bound attempt, fair enough, and I'd play on too, but if there is any doubt from either team, then I think it should count as the in-bound.