View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 01, 2019, 07:41am
Esteemed Forum Member

One Discombobulated Player ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Same scenario, but while they warmup the correct way, are instructed by the officials to go the correct way, and line up for the jump ball the correct way, all the players get discombobulated and go the incorrect way for several minutes, scoring several baskets, and only then is it realized that the player's screwed up?
Quote:
... the officials are also "fooled" and don't figure it out until several minutes, and several baskets, by both teams, into the game??
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRZ View Post
4-5-4, "Basket, Choice": "If by mistake the officials permit a team to go the wrong direction, when discovered all points scored, fouls committed, and time consumed shall count as if each team had gone the proper direction. Play shall resume with each team going the proper direction based on bench location."
Nice citation LRZ. Thanks.

Does 4-5-4 cover the situation where a single player gets discombobulated and scores in the wrong basket, especially off the jump ball?

Quote:
... If discovered within seconds (warmup the correct way, are instructed by the officials to go the correct way, and line up for the jump ball the correct way, no backcourt) with only one basket scored, I'm counting the basket for the team whose basket the ball entered.
Am I wrong to count the basket for the team whose basket the ball entered in this single player case?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)