View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 29, 2019, 09:39am
Esteemed Forum Member

Just Like Sisyphus ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefCT View Post
I have worked with BillyMac many, many times and trust me, the uniform rules would be enforced.
In my new life as a subvarsity official, and newly retired from my day job, I've been working a lot of middle school games this year. At first I treated them as varsity games in regard to fashion rules. Eventually I felt just like Sisyphus, rolling the giant boulder up the hill and down the hill, over and over again, with no closure in sight.

Now in a middle school game I just enforce undershirts (even allowed black undershirt with dark blue jersey, and light gray undershirt with white jersey), headbands, wristbands, hard hair control devices, and jewelry.

I ignore arm sleeves, knee sleeves, lower leg sleeves, compression shorts, tights, knee pads, and elbow pads.

It's a compromise I can live with and one that my local interpreter can live with.

Go ahead, start throwing stones, but I was just getting damn tired rolling that giant boulder up and down the hill, over and over again. It totally wore me down.

You can't expect me to be the Guardian of the IAABO Galaxy.

I look like George Clooney, not Chris Pratt.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)