View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 23, 2019, 01:36pm
Do not give a damn!!

Again, I was stating as a general rule, the caring factor of a varsity game is much higher by all involved than what happens in any other level of high school sports. There is nothing you are going to say that will change my stance on this when there are story after story of places across the country of officials not doing basic things they would have to do if they were working a varsity game. Let alone the things that coaches and administrations will not do at the lower levels as well. Heck, the people that work the table during a freshman game might be two high school kids that are on their phones more than they are watching the game. During a varsity game, the same table people are adults with years of experience and all the proper attire. All those uniform rules for example, we were told not to apply any of them for the most part by the IHSA itself. We do not use a lot of administrative rules because the goal is for the kids to play, not worry about if they have the proper uniform design or numbers in the book. Moving up is one thing, but when assignors are telling their staffs to not even worry about certain things because it is not a varsity game, that is all I need to know along with what people say does not happen when they work those games.

Peace