View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 23, 2019, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

I think calling this a 4 step layup is causing you problems.

Based on the FIBA rules cited and the video. After the ball is gathered he takes his zero step. Then proceeds to take 2 more steps. All legal under FIBA. It may look funny to what we are used to seeing but under the rules its good. I will see if I can track down video of a shooter in our local varsity girls conference. She was getting called for travelling early in the season on her jump shot footwork, coach was upset sent our local board tape in game and practice. Looks ridiculous compared to how normal shooters would catch and shoot but under new rules not a travel.

Basically she steps/runs towards the catch as she grabs the ball puts her right foot down and hops off of it onto two and shoots it. Looks really bad when she is curling off the baseline as she use 1 step and hop off the running catch to change 180 degrees and shoot it.

We will see if I can track down the film they sent the board. My email deletion skills are tracking ahead of my future needs . . .

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!