Thread: Stall Ball ...
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 15, 2019, 08:02pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Two Minute Drill ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
The full sentence said "With a shot clock, I will have to make less decisions about deliberate end-of-game fouls." This is in reference to a specific situation, not to making less or more decisions in general.
Last time I checked, the game was more than two minutes long.

Your shot clock would lead to more decisions in general, exactly the point of my post, really didn't need your quote, I hope that you ducked because it went right over your head, just missed.

Sounds like you don't like, or lack self confidence, making end of game decisions regarding intentional/non intentional fouls. While that's certainly fair, you are also willing to trade fewer of these decisions for thirty minutes of decisions regarding more shots, more rushed shots, more misses, more rebounds, etc.

Yeah, that's exactly what experienced officials like in their games, more shots, more rushed shots, more misses, and more rebounds. The more the merrier. These situations just make the game so much easier to work, even a cavemen can do it.

And please explain again how a shot clock will help with five second closely guarded calls, help that a game clock, or a video and a stopwatch won't provide?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Jan 16, 2019 at 10:46am.