Thread: Stall Ball ...
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 15, 2019, 06:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Less decisions? I know little about shot clocks because Connecticut only uses shot clocks for varsity private prep school games, but it seems to me that anything that speeds up the game will make it harder for officials, if not, certainly not easier. Forget about possible mistakes by table crews for now, but just think of a game where there are more shots, more rushed shots, more misses, more rebounds, etc. These definitely invite many more decisions that will have to be made by officials.

Reaching for straws here, same thing can be demonstrated on video with a game clock or a stopwatch.

But, hey, what do I know, I've only been doing this for thirty-eight years compared to ilyazhito's, what, fifty-plus years?
Read the full sentence. If you take words out of context, you will miss the point of what I wrote. The full sentence said "With a shot clock, I will have to make less decisions about deliberate end-of-game fouls." This is in reference to a specific situation, not to making less or more decisions in general. Please stop taking quotations from me out of context to imply things that I did not mean. This only muddies the water and distracts us from productive discussion.