View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 15, 2019, 06:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I learned my lesson on "beat the tape" as a small college deep wing in football. I called DPI that was pretty obvious to me in my position and the observer simply told me it wasn't a strong flag based on one crappy angle from a-top the press box.

Lesson learned. At that level, it better be a gigantic elephant or you simply don't hit it.

Same thing in a HS game. It had better show up on the crappy tape or I'm not coming all the way across the court while singing the Mighty Mouse theme.
Football videos are not very good based on the camera person and the quality of the angles. So when I say beat the tape, if there is something that is critical, it better at least shown up on video on some level. Otherwise, the supervisor can suggest you did not get it right. I am just saying, do not give them a reason. And as a general rule, it keeps you out of trouble. Football are worse than basketball in that respect. Even on TV, there is usually one angle that settles the situation. Not the case so much in basketball games.

Peace