View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 15, 2019, 03:27am
Official Forum Member

Don't you get nuance? In NCAA, restricted area B/C plays are cut and dry, because there is a basic sequence of decisions, but I did not say that there are no non-restricted area plays. I said "If out (of the restricted area), I would proceed to determine whether the defender was legal." This means that B/C plays can occur outside the restricted area as well. I would use the criteria of legal guarding position to determine whether the contact is a block or charge. If I know what to look for (did defender beat offensive player to the spot before offensive player went airborne?), B/C plays are relatively easy.

It's plays where there is possible traveling (or another violation) before the foul that can get difficult. As L, I wI'll most likely be looking at the defender from the feet up to determine LGP, so it would fall to T and/or C to pick up travels, depending on angles. This would be a case where reaching would be completely acceptable, because I might not have a proper angle to rule on both fouls and traveling from my primary area.