View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 14, 2019, 03:04pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
30 point blow-out, 50/50 block charge play that can go either way in real time. You're going to put the foul on the team losing by 30?

Team A is down by 2 in the last 10 seconds, A1 drives to the basket and incurs contact that has both been passed on and called on earlier plays in the game. What are you going to decide if A1 misses the shot? What are you going to decide if A1 makes the shot?

As far as the play being discussed here. That team is down by 18 points, on the road. You can't miss fouls committed against that team. That was a foul that was missed by the Lead and Trail b/c there were stacked to the contact.

Your "strictly by the book" mindset will work for you at the HS school level. If you ever start working NCAA basketball (I'll speak for this region of the country), you'll see that mindset starting to shift. NCAA supervisors want officials who have common sense and make good decisions.
I totally agree with most of your comments, I just do not think this is a foul. At least not one that stands out so much that all would agree. There are certainly calls I would suggest should be called even from that position, but this is not one of them IMO.

Peace