View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 11, 2019, 01:49am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
I wonder why too. My position? I did not take any position here, merely pointed out and agreed with the problems which exist by this situation when it happens and the lack of certainty in the solution thereof provided by this case play. And this thread did not even mention that the case play is, above all, contradictory to the rule.
Yes, your position. The same position you state just about anytime this topic comes up. It is not a problem if the NF or the NCAA has never addressed the situation in a specific way to suggest what do they mean other than an actual signal. Literally, no one I have ever had a conversation with seems uncertain about what is meant.

And we do not have to mention the case play, because there is one that clearly states what is to be done. The NCAA even had this situation happen in a National Championship game and puts out regular videos and never once have they said to do something other than calling a double foul. As a matter of fact, one of the first videos of last season had a "blarge" situation and the NCAA Supervisor was adamant about what was to be done (involving the same official as in this video BTW). Since this was an NCAA game, it is clear how this is to be handled at that level.

Peace