View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 11, 2019, 12:51am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Referee View Post
I was having a hard time understanding the difference myself. Why is this call ok, but most were against a partner going out of their PCA on the other thread?

Is it because the official is a veteran, is respected, and no one questions him? That seems to be the unwritten rule from what I have read on the other thread. I don't know anything about this official.

I 100% agree that a low post spin away from the C is a really good look for the T. But to get that, the T has to go out of their PCA to get it.
You seem to be hung up on the part of who the official is who has the primary coverage area. I would not call that foul that was in the OP as described if the official was new to the league or level. He is assigned to the game for a reason and why would I be looking there anyway? Do I have nothing else going on around me? Heck I am not going to put myself out there to call a foul that my partner clearly saw and I might not be right about. That is awful far to go. This is not in the lane where we all have eyes are on a play. I have never been told the lane only belongs to the lead BTW. Certain plays we give the Lead first crack for sure, but we do not ignore things in the lane when it is very possible certain officials on the floor have not look at a play or potential contact or even pivot feet.

I have made a kind of deal with myself about plays going away from me personally. So if the ball is going away, it better be so obvious that everyone sees it for me to even think about calling something. I posted a video of a play I was involved in where the play was going away from me. I only made that call because it was still in my primary for the most part, but I rarely make those calls anymore. Both my partners were D1 officials on that game and I do not need to do their job for them.

Peace