View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 10, 2019, 06:55pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane O View Post
I did not signal a PC foul but I pointed in a direction that could be interpreted that is what I would signal. Does my pointing constitute signaling that we should have called a double foul? My partner signaled block, I pointed in opposite direction, lol.

This is a legitimate question. As someone correctly pointed out the word blarge does not appear in the rules. BUT, the word signal also does not appear in the case play which is applicable here, but rather the wording says, one official rules on thing and the other official rules the opposite. Some say that in this case making a signal constitutes making a ruling. This is a widely held point of view, but sometimes, as in your case, the question comes up as to what constitutes a signal. Also, it is my impression that some officials will avoid a blarge at ALL COSTS. Specifically, if they (properly) withhold their preliminary signal and see their partner come out quickly with the signal opposite to the one that they would have had, they will walk away from the call, no matter how strong their conviction on the play. In short, this is a mess.

Lonesome Dove