View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 10, 2019, 05:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Isn't this what you do in a discussion board? We discuss the issue.

If you hear the cadence of the whistle, he called it when it was clear no one else had the same thing. And if you look at his angle, he has the best angle. The defender is not vertical and the C and L are likely straight lined on the arm movement of the defender.

Where does it say only the L calls everything in the lane? I have never attended any camp or training that makes that suggestion. The lane theoretically can be all officials having eyes and an angle on the play. Isn't BI and GT plays happening in the lane? How does an official from the C or T call those violations if they never look at the lane? You have to know if there is a shot just to make those violation rulings in most cases.

If you do not see the difference of a shot taken outside the lane, below FT line extended, opposite side of the court from the C and a shot in the lane where multiple players are there rebounding and defending the basket, I am not sure what to tell you.

Peace
I think we all know/see the difference, but the underlying tone from quite a few guys was to not reach out of your PCA. Some guys implied that you should never go outside of your PCA, especially in college.

If somebody sees a clear foul in each situation, why not let that person go outside of their PCA and get either foul? I understand the look and location on the court plays into it, but reaching out of your PCA is reaching out of your PCA.