View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 07, 2019, 12:58pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
That isn't the rule. If you reach a point where another dribble would be a carry (one hand under the ball or the ball coming to rest in one hand), the dribble has ended at that point...that is why it would be a carry. There is absolutely no requirement that two hands be on the ball to end the dribble, otherwise, you could catch the ball in one hand and run down the court. Once that has occurred, the travel rules are in effect.
There is no requirement for two hands to be on the ball to end the dribble, that is very true. But you are assuming without any evidence that the dribble officially ended with only one hand. There are some things that actually have to take place for the dribble to end with only one hand and that is not clear on the video or clear by the actions of this player, this took place. The dribble does not simply end because the ball is not put back on the floor. The dribble ends when the player grabs the ball in a way that they are either completely under the ball with his hand or have grabbed the ball with one hand which players do not try to do very often. Most of the time players are trying to grab the ball with two hands and not one because that is how they are taught fundamentally.

You try to sell us on this notion every time I post one of these videos. But we have to guess what we see in your situation rather than see what is clear on the video. And we have to slow it down to even come close. Sorry, I see nothing on this video that the ball handler got any control with one hand. The ball could be spinning or not come to rest until both hands come to the ball. And I am not calling that a violation that close or in real time or in slow motion.

Peace