View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 06, 2019, 02:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
If you are an official as you claim, then you should know how to find the answer rather quickly. If that bothers you that we here discuss all kinds of aspects of a rule and you cannot get a quick answer, take that to a mentor or someone on FB. BTW, they do the same thing on FB and other social media platforms during similar discussions. I also feel many officials have very fragile egos when expecting to get an answer they never seem to understand. You have been doing this in 8 years and have not figured out when a 10-second count starts? And your question was not about when it actually started, but when it continues. This is something I learned the first year of officiating because I had to get into the rulebook. They did not even have this forum up when I started. I had to do a lot of reading of the rulebook to know basic things. Not a lot of email or even social media to get a quick answer. Lame if you ask me.

Peace
1. So the easy answer was to go back to the 2008-09 book to find it? Sure, the justification of the play seems simple, but there's a lot of officials out there who would answer that question wrong, just as you read on here (Dr. Pete)..
2. Nothing about a fragile ego here. i have the balls to simply ask something that I wish to know. you may need to tell the world how you clawed your way up the ladder by reading the rulebook in order too feel good about yourself - i don't. So i think its pretty clear whats 'lame" here.