View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 04, 2019, 05:00pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
Not sure what your point is. If a jumper lined up next to the other jumper in the wrong half of the circle, you would enforce that because it is a restriction. You are not going to ignore it because it is not a stated violation. Well, maybe you would.
I'm going to tell the jumper to get back on his side of the division line so we can proceed with the jump ball. Maybe YOU would let him stand there and then call a violation.

Quote:
Or, your partner makes a poor toss, jumper A1 quickly runs behind jumper B1, who does not jump, ball comes down, and A1 slaps it to a teammate. Not going to address A1's movement? Just going to play on? Maybe you would.
I'm going to call the toss back, so all the subsequent action would be moot.

Quote:
How about Art 8? Aren't you going to address that restriction when the situation dictates? If an opponent wants a space to which they are legally obliged to have, are you not going to allow it?
Again, addressed before the toss.

Quote:
It is as if you are arguing that you would only enforce items that are explicitly labeled as violations but I am quite confident that you would enforce restrictions, such as art 8. Why enforce one restriction but not another?

Are you getting choosy in your application of the rules?
Remind me again about the time YOU called a violation for a jumper landing on the wrong side of the division line.