View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 04, 2019, 09:49am
Esteemed Forum Member

Restriction Ends ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I don't think it is the intent of the NFHS for it to be a violation if either jumper crosses the division line before the jump ball ends.
So when did the NFHS intend it to be a violation for either jumper crossing the division line?

When did the NFHS intend this specific restriction to end?

When the official is ready to toss? When the ball is tossed? After the ball reaches its highest point? When the tossed ball is touched by one or both jumpers? When the touched ball contacts one of the eight nonjumpers, an official, the floor, a basket or backboard? These are all real rule restriction enders to watch for during a jump ball.

Citation please.

I believe that BigCat's interpretation is the best we can do with no further information from the NFHS:

During a jump ball a jumper ... is in the proper half of the center restraining circle ... which is farther from his/her basket. The jump ball end(s) when the touched ball contacts one of the eight nonjumpers, an official, the floor, a basket or backboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
How many U1's are looking where the jumpers are landing?
Agree. There's a lot to watch for during a jump ball, especially in a two person game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Start games by giving the ball to the visitors at the division line opposite the table and avoid all this nineteenth century nonsense.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Jan 04, 2019 at 09:56am.