View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 03, 2019, 01:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Why? So that you can make fun of us?

(It was the dreaded Polar Vortex.)

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. has had schools in Ohio close due to "cold", we've had the same thing here in Connecticut.

It's the latest dance craze.

And to think, when I was a kid in ancient times, I walked several miles to school in several feet of snow, and back home in the afternoon, uphill both ways.

I drive by the bus stop on the corner on the coldest day of the winter and the kids have on a sweatshirts, shorts, sneakers, and baseball caps.

On cold days, my Mom dressed up my bother and me like the Michelin Man.

Why can't they be like we were, perfect in every way? What's the matter with kids today? (Bye Bye Birdie, 1960)
I lost a bunch of assignments during the polar vortex year a few years ago. The weather closed the schools and most schools have a rule that if the school day is cancelled, so are the athletic events for that day.

I think the biggest issue is schools don't want to be held liable because the parents don't know how to dress their snowflakes. I think we missed 1 or 2 days total due to cold when I was in school, and one of those was due to it being too cold for the busses to start (it was like 20 below that morning).