View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 31, 2018, 10:55am
Do not give a damn!!

I do not believe there is any rules set that this would be the case. Secondly, why didn't you make an issue of it on the court? All you had to say, team control is not going on during a rebound. Then let him answer.

And if you are going to go over it in the locker room, why not show it in the rulebook or casebook? That would have settled the argument or at least got him in the place to prove he was right. Usually, when I am talking to a younger official, they know who I am or that I am a veteran on some level. I am even a clinician in our state so I can play that card, but many people already know this about me. Kind of surprised you just let that discussion go even if it was in the locker room. You are not trying to embarrass him, just show him the rule and he at least has the opportunity to show learn something. That is something I would not just let go on either situation without making it very well known I disagreed with that ruling unless he told me something that said, "He had possession first. And that could have been realistic even the way you describe it. Then it is a judgment call after that point.

Peace