View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 29, 2018, 01:09am
Esteemed Forum Member

Seeing Red ...

This season, part of my pregame officials/coaches/captains conference has been, "Players need to wear their uniforms properly, no rolled waistbands, we're not going to be looking for problems, but if it's obvious, we won't ask for a substitute, but just ask the player to fix it".

I probably missed some violations over the past few weeks but finally had to deal with it today. Girls on red team had red jerseys, red shorts, and everybody but the point guard had red waistbands, her waistband was black because she rolled it over.

It was very obvious. Spotted it early in the game but didn't want to make a big deal about it, until the red point guard was fouled. As my partner was reporting the foul, I was lining them up for free throws, which was an excellent opportunity to quietly ask her to "Please fix your waistband".

She complied. No shrug. No dirty look. No rolling of the eyes (I've got two daughters). No, "Why?". I wish all players would comply like she did with fashion issue requests.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Dec 29, 2018 at 01:46am.