View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 22, 2018, 11:39am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
The people that struggled with 3-person were the veterans. The younger officials that actually cared about what they were doing often were the officials that understood 3-person better. You do not need perfect officials to work 3-person if you teach the basics of 3-person. And if they have veteran partners, we can deal with the other aspects of the game that make the game go smoothly. Not all officials get good when they worked 10 years of basketball. Some are good a couple years in. Yes, you might need more officials, but that does not mean the officials that worked 2-person were that great. I remember when I would watch officials work with only 2 at varsity games. There were guys who could not run, would not get into position and certainly not be in able to keep up even in a 3-person assignment in today's game. So I am not sure what point he was making. Using his old ass experience as an official that worked 2-person in the 80s and 90s does not have much to do with today. Again, a totally different game is played and I hardly see official do anything right in 2 person games I watch now with the way the game is played.

Peace

Exactly. The old guys were mostly the ones bitching about 3-person and were terrible at it.

So few of the people I watch in JV games work 2-person right. When I filled in for an injured official a few years ago and went ballside as the lead, it completely confused my partner. He'd *never* seen anyone do that!

Come to think of it, few V officials here did that in 2- person games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro