View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 17, 2018, 04:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
It's because someone made a case that movng to 3-person was important and that we needed to be competitive with fees.

We're paying $66 this year, which is by no means great, but it's that amount if it's 2-person or 3-person.

There was a vocal minority of officials who said we should stay 2 and pay $90 or so each - now we know that the check is more important to them than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rich, I am normally in total agreement with you on most things, but will have to agree to disagree here. I love refereeing basketball. However, if I get a contract more than 60+ miles away from home for $66....then I'm going to have some thinking to do. Is it worth time away from my young family to leave at 5pm and return at 10pm for just north of $10/hr?

I understand you are in a tough spot trying to keep officials and schools happy. I also appreciate you working hard to get your fees up in your part of the state.

In our neighborhood, we get paid $80 per game to work a near empty gymnasium and get $60 to work a game with hundreds of fans. That's the biggest problem. Those big schools can't pay what a small rural school can? Give me a break.

I hope you don't take offense to this Rich, I am one of your biggest fans on here and on Facebook as well.

pfan