View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 16, 2018, 11:20am
Esteemed Forum Member

Jumping Jacks ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
As has been discussed, this is silly b/c no one is having game management correct the net.
I haven't been able to jump to grab a net (or a ball stuck between the ring and the backboard, or a ball up in the supports) in years. In most boys games, a player will offer assistance. In a middle school girls game I'm asking the site director, or the coach, to get someone to get the net unstuck, or the ball down.

Over almost four decades, I've seen nets become so tangled that no amount of jumping and grabbing (the grabbing often makes the tangle much worse) can get them untangled. It sometimes takes someone on a stepladder to get the job done, not often, but it happens, more than once, but not much more.

I just paid someone $150.00 (two story colonial, with garage, porch, and shed) to clean leaves out of my gutters. First time I paid someone to do this (I'm a cheap bastard). I promised my kids that I wouldn't do ladders anymore.

https://forum.officiating.com/basket...ml#post1025463
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Dec 16, 2018 at 12:00pm.