View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 11, 2018, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
I know the pregame dunking rules, but thanks.

My jurisdiction for the second game of a back-to-back doesn't start until I come out to observe warmups following the conclusion of the first game. I'm not going to preside over two games at once. The only people I care about at halftime are the participants of the current contest.

"What rule supports that?" Well, I could just as easily ask the same question regarding why someone would issue a T.

AFAIC, this falls under Rule 2-3. If your state issues guidance to the contrary, great, but thankfully mine does not.
Ditch the attitude. My questions aren't designed to challenge your competency. A lot of people read this forum that are seeking information that will likely never take the time to register and request. Discussion beneficial. That's why this forum exists.

Back to the topic at hand - If an official is early for their game and is watching JV or GV officials working the 2nd Qtr of their game and halftime arrives...as they are walking to the locker room, BV players run onto the court for a quick shoot around. They observe a player(s) dunk. Is it the consensus here that they ignore it?