View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 05, 2018, 12:11pm
Esteemed Forum Member

A "Laundry List" Of Fines ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Referee View Post
I'm curious about a few things you listed. What do you mean by "fines" and "insurance"?
Many IAABO boards have access to voluntary supplemental insurance provided by the Borden Perlman Insurance Agency. It's a bargain at $7.00 each year, especially the death benefit for those without life insurance that could help a family pay for a funeral, and the accident insurance for those that don't have their own medical insurance.

Accident Medical
$25,000 Excess Accident Limit
$25,000 Physical Therapy
$25,000 Dental
$10,000 Accidental Death
Liability $5,000,000 Per Official/Per Location
Game Fee Reimbursement
100% of Game Fee up to $50 per game
$2,000 Max Payout

We have a "laundry list" of fines:

Missed game assignments – full game fee
Game turn-back due to not blocking date in the Arbiter - $15
Arbiter Late Partner Evaluation (submitted more than 7 calendar days from assigned game date): 2 to 3 Late or Missed - $25 Total; 4 or more Late or Missed - $50 Total
Missed Meeting(s): A fine of $25 will be assessed for each meeting not attended beyond one permitted missed meeting.

My first year, in ancient times © Mark T. DeNucci, Sr., 2018, the new guys were often assigned to work some men's recreation leagues (no more). I forgot to put a triple header on my calendar, and was a no show. I could of been fined three game fees, a steep penalty (plus I lost the three game fees, in essence a six game fee fine) for a low paid (at the time) teacher with a young family, but our treasurer took pity on me and only fined me a single game fee, dodged a bullet there.

We also have late fees, and possible assignment penalties (half season, full season), for paying one's dues, fees, or fines, late, or if one bounces a check.

Membership Dues Late Payment Fee - $50
Game Assignment Fee (7%) Late Payment Fee - $50
Late Payment For All Fines Fee - $50
Returned check fee is $25

Penalty for Non-Compliance Membership Dues and Game Assignment Fee
If not paid by April 4 – Eligible for Assignments January 15
If not paid by May 1 – No assignments for the entire season

Penalty for Non-Compliance with Fines
No Assignments for the entire season (if not paid within 60 days of Fine letter)

We have a new one. Attendance at the year end banquet requires a $20 deposit that you get back when you attend the banquet. We were paying for too many "no show plates" each year.

I had a last minute family emergency last year and lost my $20. I wonder if I can deduct that from my taxes as a business expense. I'll check with my tax accountants, Dewey, Cheatem & Howe.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Dec 05, 2018 at 12:42pm.