Thread: Arbiter Issues
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 29, 2018, 06:19pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Two Different Groups ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jerkins View Post
I don't like the effort I have to go through to manage my 33 different groups and get the blocks and the "sharing" right.
I had a second group added this year, for state tournament games, and I'm forgetting to treat each group separately (with checks in the proper boxes).

State tournament games? I'm a journeyman official who hasn't worked a state tournament game in thirty-seven years. I seriously doubt that I'll get one this year, with a bone spur and osteoarthritis in my right ankle, and patellofemoral pain syndrome in my left knee, but hey, hope springs eternal.

It's really too bad that my body is failing me now. I thought that last season was my best ever in terms of concentration, confidence, poise, consistency, judgment, mechanics, signals, court coverage, calls, game management, being a good partner, etc., and my ratings were great, except for physical conditioning.

I can't do state tournament games when I walk with a limp like Matt Dillon's sidekick, Chester, in Gunsmoke.

I get older every year and the players stay the same age. It's just not fair.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Nov 29, 2018 at 06:31pm.