View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 28, 2018, 11:16am
Esteemed Forum Member

Guardians Of The IAABO Universe ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Does IAABO have a rule book that addresses the shot clock?
No it does not. IAABO neither makes rules, nor does it interpret rules, it just educates officials regarding such (IAABO does have its own mechanics manual).

It appears that in IAABO areas that want to use a shot clock, the local board, or state board, has presented its members with guiding principles for shot clocks. I am not aware of any shot clock guidance from IAABO International.

I can speak with authority regarding the evolution of shot clock principles (and other NFHS differences) here in 100% IAABO Connecticut (for our prep school varsity games).

Prep school coaches and athletic doctors tell our IAABO Connecticut State Board what they want regarding NFHS rule differences and the State Board educates officials regarding such.

The prep school coaches and athletic directors tell the officials what to do, not vice versa.

It took us several years to convince prep school coaches and athletic directors that the closely guarded distance for girls (women) had changed from three feet to back six feet.

For almost all prep school coaches and athletic directors, NFHS rule differences are a distant afterthought.

New prep school coaches are often unaware that their teams use special hybrid NFHS/NCAA rules.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Nov 28, 2018 at 12:00pm.