View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 20, 2018, 01:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHSAA View Post
I must admit. I have barely looked at the CCA Manual. I think the different viewpoints on this coverage area illuminates the different officiating tracks (not sure if I am using the right words to describe my point). NCAA officials who work for assignors who only worked in the NCAA themselves are probably not going to learn this coverage area. Whereas, those who work for an assignor who spent time in the NBA, or was at least influenced by the NBA, will probably learn this coverage area regardless of whether it is adopted by the CCA or not.
Many of us are fully aware of what the NBA does and does not do. But that has nothing to do with these mechanics that are used at the college level that are advocated or even put in the CCA book. All levels do some of the same things. And this is not about the assignors you work for or don't work for. Assignors do not set the mechanics for the entire level. Again this game was not likely in the league you referenced.

I agree that normally the lead should be more open on this play, but he had reasonable responsibilities in the lane. It is not like he was simply ignoring something, he had things in his primary and the lead has a lot of primary responsibility in the lane. It is even the philosophy to defer to the lead on those plays.

Peace