View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 19, 2018, 01:14pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Live Ball ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Why did the L2M Report interpretation include that the ball was dead? What's the importance of that statement? Conceding that everything else in the Report my be a valid NBA interpretation, I'm having trouble understanding the logic (not the necessarily the interpretation) of the dead ball statement. I agree that the ball is indeed dead, but why is the dead ball comment pertinent to the no technical foul interpretation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Now find the rule that states an NBA player can't hang on the rim during a dead ball
Maybe that's my answer (above)? But wouldn't that mean that an NBA player is allowed to hang on them ring for a prolonged period of time after every single successful dunk, since every single successful dunk is immediately followed by a dead ball period? Maybe that's the NBA rule? Maybe NBA players are only charged with technical fouls for hanging on the ring for a prolonged period of time during live ball situations, like an unsuccessful dunk attempt?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)