View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 12, 2003, 02:21am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
everyone hit it on the head. Black under shirt (I use underarmor) and white compression shorts (I use Bike brand) tuck the stripes into the compression shorts. Nothing looks tackier than seeing stripes thru the knickers (and you will see it, especially from some old timers)..
A few people around here have tried black compression shorts and said it looks good but the leader in that is our one and only female official. She has the back side to make that look good. Most of the rest of use probably don't. :-)

I use a gym back that has 3 side compartments. one that runs down one side of the long side of the bag and then 2 on each of the ends. I keep whistles, flags, bean bags, etc in those 2, and shower stuff in the long side one. Once the game is over I put all that stuff back in the bag so I never have to check for those before the next game. I then load the main part of my bag from feet up. Shoes, socks (1 football and 1 regular),compression shorts, Knickers, underarmor shirt, stripes, hats (in a hat carrier).
Depending on your white hat you can either shine the shoes right before you hit the field or the night before. Some live and die by the rule you do not shine your shoes at the game site. Live and learn on that one. For so shine I use Kiwi Ultra shine in a bottle and just let set to dry.. Brush off dust and dirt first tho and do all of this away from the rest of your uniform less you drip on those white knickers black shoe polish. Seen someone do this one time.. Not a good thing.

[Edited by cowbyfan1 on Sep 12th, 2003 at 02:30 AM]

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.