View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 13, 2018, 01:31pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I read all about the NBA rules making this ring grasp legal. Now we have all been reminded why this is illegal in NFHS rules.

If I failed to read the pertinent post, how would I know this:

If I'm allowed to speculate, what does the NBA mean by it's legal because it's during a dead ball, doesn't most ring grasping take place during the dead ball period immediately after a dunk?

From the NBA: The ball is dead and he is not taunting opponents or delaying the game.

Does the NBA define dead ball differently than the NFHS? I guess that that is possible.
It means the ball wasn't live and he wasn't hanging on the rim while other players are trying to shoot or something like that.

You've been given an explanation and you're still not satisfied, that's the problem. I don't see anybody else here confused as to what the ruling would be in their own games. Why do you feel like other officials in this forum don't know the rules and how to apply them to their own games?

Did anybody here give an indication that this would be legal in one of their games? Anybody here say they don't know the rule in one of their own games?

Your constant speculation does more to confuse new officials than help them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk