View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 13, 2018, 12:41pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Read All About It ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Well, if you care, then you should have read by now the post from Altor that states why it is legal in the NBA ... and in your case, a failure to read the pertinent post.
I read all about the NBA rules making this ring grasp legal. Now we have all been reminded why this is illegal in NFHS rules.

If I failed to read the pertinent post, how would I know this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... the timeout, the not taunting opponents, and the not delaying the game aspects of the NBA ruling have little to do with the NFHS rule (players clearing the area under the rim is relevant in NFHS rules. I'm not sure what the NBA means by it's legal because it's during a dead ball, doesn't most ring grasping take place during the dead ball period immediately after a dunk).
If I'm allowed to speculate, what does the NBA mean by it's legal because it's during a dead ball, doesn't most ring grasping take place during the dead ball period immediately after a dunk?

From the NBA: The ball is dead and he is not taunting opponents or delaying the game.

Does the NBA define dead ball differently than the NFHS? I guess that that is possible.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Nov 13, 2018 at 12:49pm.